THAI PRAWN PARCELS
12 green banana prawns, peeled & deveined
½ cup beansprouts
2 snow peas, julienned
2 spring onions, julienned
2 baby corn cobs, sliced
red chilli, lime wedges and coriander leaves and fried shallots to garnish
rice or grains to serve
½ cup coconut milk
juice from half a lime
1 tbsp fish sauce
1 red chilli, sliced
4 slices fresh ginger
1 lemongrass stalk, bruised
1 shallot, quartered
2 cloves garlic, bruised
- Place all sauce ingredients into a small pan with ½ cup water.
- Bring to boil then reduce to simmer.
- Simmer sauce to reduce by half, then set aside.
- Lightly grease a double layer of foil.
- Arrange sliced vegetables in a mound on the foil.
- Top with prawns and fold up edges to create a boat shape.
- Spoon over most of the coconut sauce, then enclose packages to seal.
- Cook on a medium hot bbq plate for 3-4 minutes.
- Carefully open packages and slide prawn, vegetables and sauce over warm rice or grains.
- Garnish with sliced chilli, fried shallots, coriander leaves and a wedge of lime.
Black Pepper Moreton Bay Prawns with Mint, Chilli and Spaghetti Squash
12x peeled large green prawns
1 x spaghetti squash
½ green papaya peeled, seeded and chopped finely
½ bunch mint
½ bunch coriander
½ bunch basil
1 x punnet snow pea sprouts
1 red chilli seeded and sliced
1 x lime
100ml Vietnamese style chilli dipping sauce
Black cracked pepper
- For the squash – cut into 1-inch rings and de seed, season with salt and pepper and roast in oven for 30 – 45 minutes until tender then cool. Using a fork scrape the strands of squash from the skin and refrigerate.
- For the prawns- lightly coat with oil then season with black pepper and salt. BBQ or pan fry on high until cooked remove from heat into a bowl and squeeze over juice of the lime.
- To finish- add all herbs, squash, sprouts, papaya and chilli to a large bowl mix then add prawns and chilli sauce, season if needed and serve.
Fan Favourite: Prawn Sandwich
Soft white bread
Peeled cooked prawns
Squeeze of lemon
Cracked black pepper