Crispy Fish Skin
TIP: Clean scaled fish skin, Rice Flour, Sea Salt & Pepper.
1. Place fish skin onto a sheet of baking paper and sprinkle liberally with rice flour, salt and pepper.
2. Place fish skin, still on baking paper, directly onto a BBQ plate that’s turned down too low.
3. Quickly cover with another sheet of baking paper, and flat tray around the same size and weigh it down with a heavy pot. You need to work quickly as the skin will start to curl from the heat.
4. Cook fish skin for around 15mins, turning once about half way through. You want the skin to be well browned but not burnt.
5. Remove crisped skin to a plate covered with a paper towel to cool down. As it cools it will become even crisper.
6. Once cooled, fish skin can be broken into bite size pieces and eaten as a snack, or used as a dipper. It’s especially good with a fish dip!
SIMPLE FISH DIP
200 GR TINNED FISH (DRAINED) OR COOLED COOKED FISH
200GR CREAM CHEESE, SOFTENED AT ROOM TEMPERATURE
1 GREEN ONION, FINELY SLICED
FINELY GRATED RIND AND JUICE FROM 1 LEMON
SALT AND PEPPER
1. Combine all ingredients, mix well, and season to taste.
2. Serve with crackers, vegetable crudites or crisped fish skin.