CRUNCHY FISH BURGERS
800 GR THICK SKINLESS BONELESS FILLETS, CRUMBED
(Use crumbs made from flavoured savoury biscuits for a twist)
RICE BRAN OIL
¼ SMALL RED CABBAGE, FINELY SLICED
¼ ICEBERG LETTUCE, FINELY SLICED
1 RED ONION, PEELED AND FINELY SLICED
1/3 CUP EGG MAYONNAISE
2-4 TSP SRIRACHA CHILLI SAUCE, OR TO TASTE
SQUEEZE OF LEMON JUICE
4 BREAD ROLLS
1. Cut rolls in half and arrange in a single layer, cut side up in a moderate oven. Warm up
and toast for 10 minutes.
2. Heat oil in a large fry pan and cook fillets in a single layer over a moderate heat until
crumbs are golden brown and fillets are almost cooked through. Do in batches if
3. Meanwhile, toss together cabbage, lettuce and onion.
4. Combine mayonnaise and chilli sauce to taste.
5. Remove fillets when they’re almost cooked (still faintly pink in the centre) remembering
that fish will finish cooking with its residual heat.
6. Remove rolls from oven and spread base with a little chilli mayo.
7. Top with lettuce mix and crumbed fillets, then dollop on extra mayo.
8. Top with remaining half of each toasted bread roll and serve.
*To make crumbs, place around 150gr of savoury biscuits inside 2 (double layer) ziplock bags and use a rolling pin to crush into crumbs. Don’t worry that there’ll be some fine crumbs as well as some chunkier bits…it’ll just create texture. Using 2 beaten eggs, dip fillets into egg wash then crumbs to coat even sized fillets.