FISH AND POTATO PIE
200GR THICK WHITE FISH FILLETS, BONELESS
200GR SALMON/OCEAN TROUT FILLETS, BONELESS
200GR HOT SMOKED SALMON, FLAKED
2 SPRING ONIONS, FINELY SLICED
1 CELERY STALK, FINELY SLICED AND DICED
¼ CUP PLAIN FLOUR
250GR CRÈME FRAICHE
FRESHLY GROUND BLACK PEPPER
LEMON OR LIME WEDGES TO SERVE
3 CUPS MASHED POTATO, APPROX 5 POTATOES, PREPARED WITH MILK AND BUTTER
50 GR PARMESAN, FINELY GRATED
2 TABLESPOONS CAPERS OR SLICED GREEN OLIVES OR BOTH
- Slice fillets into chunks approx. 2 cm
- Add spring onion, celery and hot smoked salmon flakes.
- Scatter with plain flour and pepper, and toss gently to coat evenly.
- Gently stir through crème Fraiche.
- Spoon mixture into 1 large or 4 individual pie pans.
- Preheat oven to 200C.
- Reserve 1 tbsp of parmesan, and combine remaining parmesan, capers and mash. Mix
- Spoon mash all over fish pies and ‘rough up’ the surface with a fork.
- Sprinkle with reserved parmesan.
- Bake fish pies for 20 minutes (or larger pie for 30 mins) until well browned on top and fish is cooked through.
- Allow resting for 5 minutes before serving with a good squeeze of lemon or lime.