Andy and Ruby from My Kitchen Rules are sharing with us how to make one of their favourite fish dishes, Fish with Lemon Cream Sauce and Summer Quinoa Salad. As the name suggests, this is a delicious fresh Summer dish!
PREP: 20 minutes
COOK: 30 minutes
- 4 X 150 – FISH FILLETS (about 1.5cm skinless and boneless)
- 50G OR 4 TBSP UNSALTED BUTTER
- 1/4 CUP HEAVY/THICKENED CREAM
- 1- 2 GARLIC CLOVES, MINCED
- 1 TBSP DIJON MUSTARD
- 1 1/2 TBSP LEMON JUICE
- SALT 8 PEPPER
- 1 1/2 TBSP FINELY CHOPPED SHALLOTS/SCALLIONS (white part only)
- FRESH PARSLEY AND LEMON SLICES
- Preheat oven to 200C/390F call everts.
- Season fish with salt and pepper. Place fish in a baking dish – ensure the fish isn’t crammed in too snugly.
- Place butter, cream, garlic, mustard, lemon juice, salt and pepper in a sauce pan stirring, until melted and smooth. This sauce is intended to be thick and gravy-like. It is a light lemon cream sauce suited to fish However it should not be watery.
- Sprinkle fish with shallots. then pour over sauce.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until fish is just cooked. Remove from oven and transfer fish to serving plates. Spoon over sauce, and garnish with parsley and lemon wedges if using.
FOR THE OUINOA SALAD:
- For the Quinoa salad. Rinse the quinoa thoroughly In a fine-mesh-strainer under cold running water. Heat the olive oil in a small saucepan over medium-high heat until shimmering. Add the drained quinoa and cook, stirring constantly, to let the water evaporate and toast the quinoa, about 2 minutes. Stir in the water and the salt. Bring to a rolling boil. Turn heat down to the lowest setting. Cover and cook for 15 minutes. Remove the pot from heat and let stand for 5 more minutes, covered. Fluff the quinoa gently with a fork and set aside to cool.
- Finely dice onion, chilli, broccolini and zucchini. Sautee the red onion and chilli then saute broccolini and zucchini until tender, around 5 minutes.
- Cut olives, tomatoes and finely chop parsley. Add to the salad at the end and mix thoroughly.
- Make a dressing with the lemon juice and zest and emulsify with the olive oil. Pour dressing over salad.