Sally visits Big 4 Forest Glen Holiday Resort on the Sunshine Coast and meets a family who love caravanning. She checks out their caravan and explores the resort which has plenty of facilities for the whole family.
The park’s biggest selling point is its proximity to some of the best attractions on the Sunshine Coast. It’s near the famous Eumundi Markets and the iconic Australia Zoo.
It’s only a short drive from the charming Hinterland towns of Maleny, Montville and Mapelton.
Sally also cooks up a recipe: see recipe below.
- CAMP KITCHEN SNAG BOWL – Serves 4
- 6 SAUSAGES, CHOOSE A VARIETY
- 2 LARGE BROWN ONION, PEELED AND SLICED
- 2 x 400GR CAN RED KIDNEY BEANS, DRAINED. *see note
- 4 RIPE TOMATOES
- ½ CUP SEMI DRIED TOMATOES, DRAINED
- 6-8 BOCCONCINI (approx. 180gr), TORN INTO PIECES
- 3-4 BIG HANDFULS WASHED ROCKET
- JUICE FROM 1 LEMON
- FRESHLY CRACKED BLACK PEPPER
- Cook onions and sausages on a bbq plate until well browned and cooked through.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl combine all remaining ingredients.
- Add onions once cooked.
- Chop sausages into uneven pieces and toss with other ingredients.
- Serve immediately.
NOTE: Red Kidney beans can be substituted for any variety of canned beans, chick peas, lentils or grains such as cooked brown rice or quinoa.
Use approx. 3-4 cups.
Big 4 Gold Coast Holiday Park
117 Brisbane Road, Biggera Waters