Sally Jenyns developed this quick muffin recipe to give her sons plenty of energy for early morning surf camp! Packed full of goodness and protein – it keeps them going from the surf to school.
½ cup brown sugar
½ cup coconut oil
¼ cup milk
1 cup vanilla yogurt
1 cup lsa
1 cup ground almonds or hazelnuts
1 cup sr flour
½ cup protein powder
1 tsp baking powder
flavourings eg. 1 cup dried, fresh or frozen fruit, chopped and/or 100 grams chocolate buttons
• Preheat oven to 170C.
• In a bowl, whisk together eggs, brown sugar, coconut oil, milk and yogurt.
• Combine remaining dry ingredients in a separate bowl.
• Make a well in the dry ingredients and quickly combine with the egg/yogurt mixture.
• Fold in fruit and/or chocolate.
• Spoon mixture into 12 large lined muffin tins.
• Bake for 40-45 minutes until a skewer or a knife inserted into the muffins, comes out clean.
• Cool on a cake rack before serving.
These muffins are great to freeze and defrost as required!