There are more than a quarter of a million registered boats in Queensland… and that’s largely thanks to the Sunshine State’s enviable weather.
While most vessels do get a regular run, there are some boaties who don’t launch as often as they’d like.
So, when that perfect day pops up, you need to make sure everything is in ship-shape order.
Here’s a handy check-list:
- Make sure bungs are in place or it can be a short, damp trip!
- Have a pre-launch routine that includes checking over your trailer before you arrive at the boat ramp.
- Ensure you have all the safety gear you need on board and that’s it all in working order.
- Can you detect any smell of fuel? That could indicate a potential fire danger.
- Likewise, water in the fuel will give you problems and old fuel, left in the tank for a long time, can go stale, affecting the efficiency of your engine.
- Before the boating season starts, get a qualified mechanic to check over the entire vessel
In fact, it’s a good idea to give your boat the once-over for problems before every trip out on the water!