TUNA ‘NICOISE’ TART – Serves 4
2 TUNA STEAKS
4 TABLESPOONS FRESH BASIL PESTO
1 BUNCH ASPARAGUS
12 KALAMATA OLIVES, PITTED
5 BOCCONCINI, ROUGHLY TORN
6 CHERRY TOMATOES, QUARTERED
2 TBSP PINE NUTS
375GR PRE ROLLED PUFF PASTRY
1 TBSP MILK
SMALL TIN OF ANCHOVIES, OPTIONAL
Pre heat the oven to 210C.
- Slice the tuna into 1-2cm chunks and marinate in half the pesto.
- Trim asparagus ends, then carefully slice lengthwise, and then in half.
- Score a 2cm border around the outside edge of the pastry, then use a fork to prick all over the centre.
- Spread remaining pesto all over the centre of the tart.
- Scatter the tuna pieces, asparagus, bocconcini, tomatoes, pinenuts and olives over the pesto. Scatter with sliced anchovies if using.
- Paint the outside edge of the tart with a little milk.
- Bake for 20 minutes until pastry is puffed and golden.
- Serve immediately with a good squeeze of lemon.