2 medium brown onions, peeled and chopped
2 tbsp olive oil
3 cloves garlic
800gr (approx. 4 cups) peeled chopped pumpkin
1 1/2tbspmassaman curry paste
4 cups chicken stock
1 cup water
1 kaffir lime leaf
1 cup tightly packed Thai basil leaves
400ml coconut milk, reserve 4 spoonfuls for garnish
12 prawns, peeled and deveined
- Heat olive oil in a deep pan and sauté onion and garlic until softened.
- Add pumpkin and massaman curry paste and mix well.
- Add chicken stock, lime leaf and water.
- Bring to the boil then reduce heat and simmer for 40 minutes.
- Puree soup until smooth then stir in coconut milk.
- Gently reheat, and poach prawns for 2-3 minutes until just cooked.
- Stir in basil leaves.
- Divide prawns between bowls and ladle over soup.
- Drizzle with reserved coconut milk to serve.