SESAME PRAWN TOAST
Makes approx. 30 toasts
300g prawn meat (buy soft and broken if available)
1 clove garlic, chopped or grated
2 cm knob of ginger grated
2 spring onions, roughly chopped
2 egg whites
2 tsp soy sauce
½ tsp ground white pepper
white rolls or breadstick, sliced into ½- 1cm slices
2/3 cup sesame seeds, black and white if available
oil for deep frying
Sriracha chilli sauce (or sauce of choice) and lime wedges for serving
- Place first 7 ingredients into the bowl of a food processor and process until combined.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes to develop the flavours.
- Meanwhile, evenly slice breadstick and place sesame seeds into a shallow dish.
- Brush one side of bread with a little sesame oil and spread some prawn mixture onto that side. Repeat with remaining mixture.
- Dip each prawn toast into seeds to coat the prawn mixture.
- Heat 2 cm of oil in a wide pan or wok and shallow fry toast for about 1 minute each side until golden.
- Drain on paper towels and serve with a dipping sauce and lime wedges.