- 16 peeled and deveined green prawn cutlets
- 1 cup flour
- ½ can beer
- Vegetable oil for deep frying
- Extra flour for dusting
- 200g coconut strands
- 1 cup plum sauce
- 1tsp grated ginger
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- 2tbs light soy
- 1tbs honey
- ½ cup water
- 1tbs oyster sauce
- For batter, combine flour and beer and whisk well. Stand for 1 hour.
- For sauce, combine all ingredients in a saucepan and bring to the boil for 3 minutes. Remove from heat and keep warm.
- Heat oil to 170C.
- Dust prawn cutlets in extra flour then dip in batter. Drain well then coat with coconut strands.
- Fry prawns at 170C for 2-3 minutes then drain on absorbent paper.
- Serve prawns with plum sauce.
View this post on Instagram