- 500gr lamb mince
- 1 small onion, grated
- 2 garlic cloves, grated or finely chopped
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 3 baby cucumbers, finely sliced
- ½ red onion, finely sliced
- 1 punnet cherry tomatoes, halved
- 100gr feta cheese, crumbled
- Soft pita bread or tortillas
- Rocket and/or mint leaves
- In a bowl, thoroughly combine lamb mince with seasonings. Set aside.
- Gently mix all salad ingredients and set aside.
- Spoon tablespoons of lamb mince onto heated BBQ hot plate and allow to cook in uneven shapes to create crispy browned edges.
- When all the lamb morsels are cooked, offer with salad, dips, leaves and wraps for everyone to roll their own ‘souvlaki’.