Looking for an easy recipe for nachos to use on your next camping trip? Sally’s got a tasty list of ingredients and quick recipe below!
250 grams beef mince
1 red onion, peeled and diced
1 tsp each ground cumin, dried oregano, paprika (or 1 tbsp taco seasoning)
2 x 175-gram packs of corn chips
2-3 cups grated cheddar cheese
400 grams corn kernels, drained
2 ripe tomatoes, diced
Bottled Mexican salsa
2 ripe avocados
250 grams of sour cream
Lemon or lime juice
How to make campsite nachos
- Cook beef mince, half of the diced onion and spices on a hot bbq plate until well browned.
- Empty 1 packet of corn chips into a foil tray and top with half of the beef mince and half of the cheese.
- Top with remaining chips, mince and cheese.
- Place tray onto a medium-hot bbq plate and close lid.
- Heat nachos to warm chips and melt cheese.
- Meanwhile, combine corn, tomato and 2-3 tbsp salsa; set aside.
- Mash avocados and mix with a few tablespoons of sour cream, a tbsp of salsa and lime juice.
- Turn off bbq when cheese has melted, and scatter corn salsa and dollop guacamole all over nachos.
- Offer extra corn salsa, bottled salsa and sour cream, and invite everyone to dig into nachos straight from foil dish on bbq.