- 12 large king or tiger prawns
- 8-10 slices of haloumi, approx 1.5cm thick
- Chopped parsley to garnish
For tomato salsa:
- 600gr ripe colourful tomatoes, choose a variety
- 3 sprigs of fresh oregano
- Freshly diced red chilli, to taste
- Big pinch of sugar and sea salt
1. Preheat BBQ, and turn down to medium.
2. Roughly chop tomatoes into a big (non-metal) bowl.
3. Pick the leaves from the oregano and add to tomatoes with chilli, salt and sugar. Set
4. Melt a spoonful of butter on the BBQ.
5. Add prawns and move around to cook and brown on all sides.
6. When the prawns are almost cooked, add haloumi slices to BBQ plate, and cook until
golden on both sides.
7. On a large platter, arrange prawns and haloumi.
8. Scatter over tomato salsa and juices.
9. Sprinkle with chopped parsley to serve.