1 whole flathead, approx 600g, belly cleaned, unscaled
Lemon slices, and/or kaffir lime or lemon myrtle leaves
2 tbsp Butter, plus extra softened butter
- Preheat oven to 200C.
- Line a baking tray with foil, and a wire rack with baking paper.
- Use paper towels to wipe flathead inside and out.
- Place a few lemon slices or leaves in belly cavity of fish and reserve a few extra.
- Rub outside of fish with softened butter
- Roast for approx. 15 min.
- While flathead cooks, gently melt extra butter in a small pan with lemon slices and/or leaves to infuse flavours.
- Carefully peel pack flathead skin to reveal gorgeous white flesh.
- Drizzle with lemon butter to serve.