- 1 dozen natural oysters
- ½ lime, peeled and flesh chopped
- ½ orange, peeled and flesh chopped
- 2 tsp tequila
- ¼ tsp salt
- 4-6 slices pickled jalepeno
- ½ white onion, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 small garlic clove, peeled and sliced
- A small sprig of coriander leaf
Pound all ingredients, except oysters, in a mortar and pestle until well combined. You can aim for a chunky consistency to use as salsa or pound it a bit smoother to freeze and make Frozen Margarita Granita…my choice!
For Margarita Salsa, refrigerate until very cold and spoon onto oysters to serve. For Margarita Granita, freeze salsa overnight. When ready to serve, work quickly using a fork to scrape and fluff up the salsa. Immediately spoon onto oysters and serve before it melts.