FILLETS FROM A VARIETY OF NORTH QUEENSLAND FISH SPECIES
WAKAME SEAWEED SALAD
FINELY SLICED RADISHES
2 TSP WASABI PASTE
2 TSP SESAME OIL
2 TBSP SOY SAUCE
JUICE FROM 1 ORANGE, APPROX. ½ CUP
½ CUP LEMON FLAVOURED OLIVE OIL
- Place very finely sliced radish in a bowl of iced water and refrigerate until required to crisp.
- Make sure fillets and very fresh, firm and refrigerated.
- In a small bowl, mix sesame oil into wasabi paste, and gradually add soy sauce.
- Whisk in orange juice, then gradually whisk in olive oil to make a thick dressing. Set aside.
- Arrange Wakame seaweed on a serving platter.
- Arrange radish slices amongst the seaweed salad and scatter with small flecks of pickled ginger.
- Thinly slice the fish fillets, and arrange over the seaweed salad platter.
- Tuck a few extra radish slices and flecks of ginger on and amongst the fish slices.
- Pour some dressing in a small bowl for dipping, and gently spoon remainder over the sashimi platter.
- Serve immediately.
In this particular recipe, barramundi, coral trout and Spanish mackerel were used. However, any fish you enjoy sashimi-style can be used.
Serves one or a crowd!