- 500 gr dried penne pasta
- 500 gr Italian or spicy sausages, approx 6
- 4 cloves garlic sliced
- 5 cups vegetable stock
- 2 punnets cherry tomatoes
- 50 gr piece of parmesan with rind, plus extra to serve
- 2 handfuls spinach leaves
- small bunch basil, optional
- Remove sausage meat from casings.
- Heat a wide based pan and fry meat, breaking it up as it cooks.
- Add sliced garlic and cook for a minute.
- Add stock, pasta, tomatoes and whole chunk of parmesan.
- Bring to boil then reduce heat and stir frequently to separate pasta and crush tomatoes.
- Simmer for 8-10 minutes, in which time the liquid should mostly evaporate and form a light sauce with the melted cheese, tomatoes and pasta starch.
- Stir through spinach and basil and offer extra grated parmesan to serve.