Feel Good Food!
Sally caught up with Caravan superstars, the Feel Good Family to try out their tested Lemon Slice recipe and to teach them a new one, seafood saganaki, a Greek-inspired dish… The results are beyond yum!
- 250 GR PEELED MEDIUM PRAWNS
- 200GR THICK WHITE FISH, SKINNED
- 1 LARGE CALAMARI TUBE, CLEANED AND SCORED
- 1 TBSP OLIVE OIL
- 1 SMALL RED ONION, PEELED AND SLICED
- 1 FENNEL BULB, HEART SLICED, FRONDS RESERVED
- 4 CLOVES GARLIC, PEELED AND SLICED
- ¼ CUP OUZO
- 400GR CHOPPED TINNED TOMATOES
- ½ CUP PITTED KALAMATA OLIVES
- 150 GR GREEK FETTA CHEESE
- OLIVE OIL TO DRIZZLE, AND PITA BREAD TO SERVE
- To cook on a BBQ, heat a rectangular foil dish on BBQ grills over high heat.
- Add oil, onion, fennel and garlic and stir to coat. Reduce heat.
- Sizzle, stirring frequently, for 5-10 minutes, to soften and lightly caramelise ingredients.
- Splash in ouzo, which should light, or use matches to light and allow to burn out to remove alcohol.
- Stir in tinned tomatoes and olives and mix well.
- Add prawns and fish, mix well to distribute evenly.
- Cover BBQ with lid, allow seafood to simmer for 4-5 minutes.
- Cut scored calamari into chunks.
- Add the calamari and mix again to distribute evenly.
- Close lid and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Crumble fetta all over the seafood dish and cook for a further minute, just to warm and soften the fetta.
- Drizzle with oil and sprinkle with fennel fronds.
- Serve with pita bread to soak up the delicious sauce!