Looking for a simple grazing platter recipe for when you’re caravanning/camping next? Sally’s got just the right concoction of tasty treats… including cheese fondue and warmed olives! She was able to easily whip up this platter in her Jayco J-TRAK all from the comfort of Noosa River Holiday Park.
Cheese Fondue Ingredients:
- ½ cup white wine
- 125 gr swiss cheese, grated
- 125 gr gruyere, grated
- 1 tbsp plain flour
- Big pinch nutmeg
- Cubed bread and vegetable crudités to serve
Warm Spiced Olives Ingredients:
- Approx. 600gr kalamata and/or green Sicilian olives
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and smashed
- 1 red chilli, split and seeded
- 2 thick strips of lemon peel
- A sprig of rosemary and/or thyme
- Sliced chorizo, cheeses and crackers to serve
- For fondue, heat wine to a simmer in a heavy based saucepan.
- Add cheeses, small handfuls at a time, and stir continuously as cheese melts.
- Scatter over flour and nutmeg and continue stirring vigorously to combine.
- When fondue is smooth, pour into an insulated cup and seal to keep warm.
- For Olives, place all ingredients onto a heavy based saucepan and gently heat for 5-10 minutes to infuse oil and olives with aromatics. Turn off heat and cover to keep warm.
- Pour into a serving dish and arrange on a platter with fondue and other ingredients to serve.