Gone are the days of rummaging through the back of your ute or car, looking for your camp stove, table, gas bottle and food boxes! Enter the ARB Slide Kitchen.
A new addition to the ever-expanding ARB product list, the Slide Kitchen is a fully integratable drawer system that comes with a 3-burner stove, pantry and sink built-in. The kit can be installed flush into the back of your dual cab, or can be adapted to an existing drawer system you may have.
It means going off-grid has got easier. What better way to test it out than give it to Sally to put it through its paces! Sal has a great recipe to spice up your regular old brekky eggs. It’s called Shakshuka! A North African, baked egg dish with lovely flavours of tomato, olive and harissa to boot.
Check out the full recipe below!
Serves 2 for a filling breakfast, brunch or lunch.
- 1 brown onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 red capsicum, seeded and sliced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1-3 tsp harissa, to taste
- 1 x 400gr can diced tomatoes
- 1 x 400gr can chick peas, drained
- 4 eggs
- Crumbled feta cheese, sliced avocado, coriander sprigs, hummus and pita bread to serve
- In a large deep fry pan, gently saute onion, garlic and capsicum in olive oil to soften.
- Add cumin, paprika and harissa, and cook for a minute until fragrant.
- Tip in tomatoes and chickpeas, and simmer for 5 minutes to thicken.
- Create a little hollow in the tomato mixture and break in an egg. Repeat with remaining eggs.
- Cover with a lid and simmer over gentle heat until eggs are cooked to your liking. (Remember that eggs will continue to cook in the hot tomato mix while you garnish and serve.)
- Remove pan from heat and garnish with your choice of crumbled feta, sliced avo, herbs, and dollops of hummus. Serve with warmed pita bread.